Sunday, July 8, 2012

quotes on design


I fill up a place, which may be better… when I have made it empty. 
— William Shakespeare (the William Shakespeare)
When you are stuck, walk away from the computer and draw. It will teach you how to see.
— Gerard Huerta (typography designer)

There are now about as many different varieties of letters as there are different kinds of fools.
 — Eric Gill (designer of Gill Sans type face)

Computer design is quite often merely bad design done on a computer.
— Mike Hicks

Without deviation from the norm progress is not possible.
 — Frank Zappa (yes,  Frank Zappa)

Simplicity will stand out, while complexity will get lost in the crowd.
— Kevin Barnett

Type is a beautiful group of letters, not a group of beautiful letters.
— Matthew Carter (type designer: Georgia, Verdana, Tahoma)

For me, discomfort is a signal of an exceptional concept. When I’m totally comfortable with a concept, I’ve probably used it fore or seen it somewhere else. Discomfort is almost a prerequisite for a great idea.
— Craig Frazier

I don’t think that design needs theory, but I think designers need theory.
— Johanna Drucker (author, book artist, visual theorist, and cultural critic)

Stop downloading. Start uploading.
— Jay Bradner

finally,
'You are what you are seen to be'
— Erik Spiekermann


3 comments:

  1. Greetings! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when viewing from my iphone. I'm trying to find a
    theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem.

    If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Many thanks!
    My web-site http://kohls-printable-coupons.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - your anchor text ()

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is very unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from.

    Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark
    this web site.

    Also visit my blog :: Codes Psn Gratuit

    ReplyDelete